Saturday 17 January 2015

1,500pt Khornate Army Lists

So, I'm making Bloodthirsters. But how to use them in games? I've been looking at 1,500 pts lists:

The Unbound List (6 Bloodthirsters!)
Skarbrand
Bloodthirster with Greater Reward
4 x Bloodthirsters

The 2-Detachment List (4 Bloodthirsters plus Khorney backup)
4 Bloodthirsters
4 x 10 Bloodletters
100 pts of upgrades, probably mostly Greater Rewards.

The Daemon Prince List (5 Monstrous Creatures plus Khorney backup)
2 Bloodthirsters
2 x 10 Bloodletters
3 Flying Khorne Daemon Princes
140 pts free to buy more stuff, so that's lots of Greater Rewards.

The Soul Grinder List (2 Bloodthirsters, 3 Grinders plus lots of Khorney backup)
2 Bloodthirsters
2 x 10 Bloodletters
3 Bloodcrushers
3 Soulgrinders with weapon upgrades
170 pts left over now to buy more upgrades.

I think that my first list will be that final one, using my Daemon-Knights as Soulgrinders.
The Bloodcrushers will be represented by lesser Daemon Princes, rather than actual cavalry. Probably based on the Crypt Horror / Vargheist models. I can then also test them out on the penultimate list as well, if I fancy it.
The 'Bloodletters' will be based on Beastman Gors, they look more like mini-Bloodthirsters than the current Bloodletter models.

No comments:

Post a Comment